Starbucks Canada

Starbucks Canada

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Local Radio Yummy Mommy -- originally posted on: http://www.ottawamommyclub.com


One hot and yummy local radio mommy!

 | April 25, 2013 0 Comments
connieConsuelo Bernardi (or Connie B. as some of you may know her as from Majic100) is one busy mom. Being a mom, then add in being a radio jock in the evenings and weekends and of course her blogging (“The Bsides” for The Yummy Mummy Club), her days are always full.
In an average day, when asked what an “average” day consists of the following:

--kids wakeup, coffee, breakfast, dressed, showprep, etc...weekends? family functions, quality family time with kids and hubby (the one and only Stuntman Stu), sports, work..life never stops!
But as far as her career goes, she was lucky. Starting her career in her second year at Algonquin College’s Radio Broadcasting program, at CHEZ 106 here in Ottawa doing the overnights shift, she worked her way up the ranks. She was given amazing opportunities and even made her own. Once she became a mom, she never went back to work after her maternity leave, finding the schedule to insane for a new mom, especially seeing her husband had crazy work hours and schedule as well. After 6 years and 2 kids, she received an amazing opportunity to write for Erica Ehm’s Yummy Mummy Club – a music blog called
the Bsides, and jumped at it. Then “the perfect job” opening came along, allowing her to stay at home with her kids during the week and working weekends on Majic 100. Which is the “perfect balance”.
5 Questions I got to ask her, which the only way to correctly prove how awesome she is, is to post them:
1) With your kids being older, do you find it trying at times to balance both?
–Older kids means more activities. But it also means that they can play independently and not need me 24-7. It just means planning everything out and knowing the schedule weeks ahead of time. Lots of planning – did I mention that?
2) Who is your support system with both you and Stu always on the go?
–We rely on my parents and sister for babysitting but we finally found two amazing
babysitters that my kids love. They should have a day dedicated to babysitters. They are
amazing. I can’t imagine my life without them.
3) What do you do in your free time? What are your splurges?
–Listen to music. I am a slave to my iPod, iTunes, Soundcloud and Grooveshark. I love reading. Watching movies (but that happens rarely but I do watch ‘The Notebook’ every time it’s on TV. Hello Ryan Gosling. Perfection!) My splurges? Spring/Summery dresses and shoes. I love my shoes.
(AND BOY SHE LOVES HER SHOES!!)
4) Name 5 MUST HAVE items in your purse right now
–(my wallet and car keys don’t count because they are a given)
1. Rimmel lipgloss ‘Eastend Snob’ (the colour is my all time fave),
2. my iPhone/iPod
3. Revolution Organics all-over body balm
4. Polysporin Poly-To-Go First Aid Spray
5. My ‘Material Girl’ 80s retro sunglasses – a steal at $14.99 at The Bay)
and finally
5) Your favorite beauty products:
–Hair: Davines Alchemic Shampoo for red & Davines Alchemic Conditioner for red.
–Lipstick: Rimmel lipgloss. Any colour. Lasts forever and not tacky.
–Eyes: Rimmel Glam Eyes Liquid Liner. Cover Girl Simply Ageless Eye Concealer. Sally
Hanson Natural Beauty: The Storm Eye Palette.
–Makeup: I mix it up between Mitsura and Almay Smart Shade liquid make up. Sally
Hanson Natural Beauty Rosy Sheerest Cream Blush. Dalton Mirage Blending Powder.
–Nails: Sally Hanson Snappy Sorbet. Sally Hanson Lively Lilac. Revlon Quick Dry in
Stormy.
–Skin: Glysomed Face Moisturizer, Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Tone Correcting
Concentrated Serum. Kiss My Face Jojoba & Mont Facial Scrub. CyberDerm AM Hydrating Whip. 100% pure jojoba oil (amazing as a toner). Nip + Fab Facial Scrub Fix. AND Suncreen always!
–Perfume: I have two faves: CK Shock and Beckham Signature
If she had a week or two to herself, without kids, what would she do with her time? “Travel and go check out new and up and coming bands. Cross off some of my concert bucket lists artists/bands. NYC. Los Angeles and Nashville. Throw in room service, shoe shopping and a few visits at a spa and hair salon and I would be in heaven.”
Even with her seemingly “rock star” life, she lives a semi-”normal” life in the ‘burbs without any regret, telling me: “I love the radio and music business. I can’t imagine doing anything else.”
This woman is probably one of the coolest and nicest people out there. I met her years ago in college and have run into her at Yummy Mummy events (as well as online) and every time, the most sincere person, she is exactly what you hear over your radio.. With AMAZING shoes!
Originally posted Jun 4, 2012, 4:40 PM by Jennifer Buttler on the old Ottawa Mommy Club website.

No comments:

Post a Comment